ETC DI - European Topic Centre on Data Integration and Digitalisation
Supporting EEA assessments to create seamless European wide information
The multiannual objective of the ETC DI consortium in which ETC-UMA takes part is to contribute to the activities of the European Environment Agency’s (EEA) by supporting the digitalisation process of EEA including the harmonisation and enhancement of data reporting and management flows, and increasing relevant capacities across EIONET, the European Environment Information and Observation Network, from 2022 to 2026.
The ETC/DI supports mainly the EEA/Eionet Strategic Objective 4: Making full use of the potential of data, technology and digitalisation and collaborates with EEA and all the other ETCs in several areas of work, particularly related to:
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Human health and environment
- Sustainability trends, prospects and responses
The involvement of ETC-UMA in this consortium builds on the work developed in the past years through its participation as partner in the European Topic Centre on Urban, Land and Soil Systems (ETC/ULS). The ETC/ULS is a follow-up of the European Topic Centre on Spatial Analysis and Information (SIA), which the University of Malaga joined in 2011. Our team participates in several key activities of the ETC/DI, providing technical and thematic expertise, particularly related to:
- E-REPORTING: Data management training and Dataflow optimisation services
- SUPPORT FOR THEMATIC DATA INTEGRATION: Spatial data management support across EEA; assisting EEA in data integration, based on geospatial indicators and land use analysis and in in providing transversal soil data
- DATA INTELLIGENCE: Data engineering, analysis, processing, products and communication, and capacity building.
- COPERNICUS SUPPORT: Copernicus Land Monitoring Services products quality assessment, application, and user uptake.
- ETC MANAGEMENT: Consortium management, documentation, and reporting.
More relevant publications by ETC ULS can be found at
More about it
European Environment Agency (EEA), Denmark
Environment Agency Austria (EAA) - Umweltbundesamt GmbH (UBA), Austria
Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Spain
Epsilon Italia srl, Italy
Gisat s.r.o. (GISAT), Czechia
Lechner Nonprofit Kft, Hungary
Norsk institutt for luftforskning, Norway
Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU), Norway
space4environment (s4e), Luxembourg
Wageningen University and Research (WUR), Netherlands
European Environment Agency