Madagascar National Parks
Ankarafantsika and Andasibe National Parks are two entities responsible for the conservation, sustainable environmental and socioeconomic management. For more than ten years, the fight against anthropogenic pressures has been the objective of the two parks to maintain their ecological integrity and its biodiversity through conservation activities presented on 31 performance indicators. These activities are divided into three main categories: conservation, community development and ecotourism. However, these activities are standard for the two parks which have different pressures and biodiversity. Thus, this research proposes to determine the most effective activities and which contribute the most to the biodiversity health of the park.
– Assess the effectiveness of conservation activities during 5 last years.
– Analyze existing baseline data on areas of intervention, pressures, targets and activities.
– Identify the problems of each activity.
– Capitalize the results.
– Identify the areas need to realize conservation activities for the futur.
– Training: Biology, Ecology, Conservation of protected areas, Environmental sciences.
– Language: it is preferable that the internship masters French because all the documents to be analyzed are in French.
– IT: it is preferable that the internship is advanced in Excel and has a skill in database management.
Other skills such as knowledge of scientific statistical analysis (SPSS, R software), and GIS programming. An asset is knowledge of protected area conservation software such as MIRADI, SMART.
Financial support provided?
Yes. The institution can help with internet connection and transport to the parks if needed.